The project will address the common constraints in the handicraft sector related to lack of technical
skills for upgrading traditional design with modern trends, insufficient production capacity and
insufficient use of modern promotional approaches and sales channels.
By working closely with relevant stakeholders the project will promote export to international markets.
The main project activities already completed are:
- Market research of the handicraft export market available through online selling;
- Research on the potentials, challenges and support services for mass handicraft design and production
in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia-Kosovo cross-border areas;
- Developing and delivery of 6 courses and coaching for new artisanal handicraft design, branding,
production techniques, online promotion and selling for 166 participants;
- Establishing a network and export support structures for handicraft artisans;
- Preparing a business plan, visual identity and cause-related marketing approach for accessing mass
handicraft export markets;
- Developing an export-oriented web-platform (online shop) for the handicraft collections.